The Fudan Fellow Program welcomes excellent scholars and students around the world to Shanghai for on-campus academic interaction with Fudan community. Fudan Fellows are invited to engage his or her on-going researches in humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, technology and engineering, life sciences and medical sciences in Shanghai China.
Founded in 1905, Fudan University has developed into a comprehensive university that hosts 32 schools and departments of all fields of study. In the past decade, Fudan has been actively engaged in international collaboration and encouraged communications and exchanges with international partners.
The goals of Fudan Fellow Program are:
- To promote academic communication between Fudan faculty and international scholars;
- To facilitate the fellows with in-depth understanding of China and China related issues; and
- To build stronger partnership between Fudan University and leading research institutes around the world.
Fudan Fellow Program accepts full-time students (PhD, Master or Bachelor candidates) as well as full-time scholars and experts in all fields of study. The Program does not award an academic diploma or credits of any kind. All applicants shall:
- Have an on-going research project;
- Have a good command of working languages to facilitate interaction with Fudan community where Chinese and English are most spoken; and
- Be a citizen of a foreign country and study or work in a foreign institute.
There are two categories for Fudan Fellow Program, i.e.:
- Fudan Senior Fellow: Professors or Associate Professors are eligible for application;
- Fudan Fellow: Assistant Professors, Post-doctors and students are eligible for application.
Fudan Fellows are invited to Fudan campus for four-weeks to sixteen weeks. For each month on campus, fellows are asked to give at least one lecture, either to students or fellow researches, or to host workshops and seminars. Fellows are encouraged to publish papers after the fellowship is completed in the name of Fudan Fellow. A copy of the publication shall be presented and kept by Fudan University.
- Accommodation on or near campus will be provided during the fellowship;
- International round-trip air fare will be reimbursed upon application by the fellow; and
- A monthly stipend will be granted, RMB￥5,000 for students, RMB￥10,000 for Assistant Professors and Post-docs, and RMB￥15,000 for Professors and Associate Professors.
All applications are subject to Fudan Fellow Program Academic Committee and are considered on a case-by-case basis. Applications shall include:
- A cover letter that includes full contact information of the applicant;
- Curriculum vitae that includes education background, research experience and publications;
- Research proposal; and
- Two recommendations by scholars in the related fields of study (applicable to student applicants only).
All applications shall be written in Chinese or English. Due date for 2017 applications is Feb. 17, 2017.
How to apply
Please download the following attachment, and send to the provided E-mail after filling the required application materials.